Time To Slack Off 2013 Edition
As of this Thanksgiving, my trading year is done. It is an unusual year for me in many ways while it stays the same in others. I will still trade a bit here and there but nothing more than that until end of this year. Over the coming month, it will be a good time for reflection and setting goals for next year.
The unusual things for this year:
- Diversification into more markets
- Rebalance trading capital – putting more into forex and other markets, less with indices
- A lot less trading time available – expected unexpectancies?!
The usual things for this year:
- Normal performance (I lowered my expectation for the year due to diversification)
- Further reduction in leverage usage
- Markets are behaving like a normal year unlike the major top and bottom years
Two things I know for sure I have to address in 2014 are:
- Reduce trading time further to match my situation
- Focus on automating the rest of my trading models
Those who have not read my 2012 Time To Slack Off will find the discussion on reducing position size and analysis on your own trading techniques interesting. Will not repeat that here this year. Go read it if you have not.